The Grade 1 Vocals is for candidates who have mastered the key basic skills in vocal performance. There are two types of exam: Grade Exams and Performance Certificates.
The use of a microphone is not mandatory at Grade 1, but candidates may use one if they feel it will enhance their performance.
At Vocals Grade 2 you'll focus on the mechanics of professional vocal performance, from tone and dynamics to chest voice and small intervals. Then your skills will be tested in three short performances (five for performance certificate) of a range of Rockschool compositions and your own choice of tunes.
Vocals Grade 3 adds improvisation elements and concentrates on fundamental areas of technique, such as perfect intervals, bends, small leaps and arpeggios. At exam time, you'll be tested across a series of three or five performances, depending on the exam you choose.
Who can join this course?
• The Course is for candidates who have mastered the key basic skills in their discipline.
• The candidate is required to complete our Foundation Level Course in order to enrol for this program.
• Candidates who want to pursue music as a career choice
• Candidates who seeking international certificate for admission through ECA quota in universities.
• Candidates who want to secure UCAS points for admission n foreign university.
• Candidates who plan to become music teacher.
• Keyboard/Piano or Piano App on secondary mobile/Tablet Device
• The use of a microphone is not mandatory at this level, but candidates may use one if they feel it will enhance their performance
• Dynamics, lyrics, rhythms and short phrases
• The major scale and arpeggio
• Small major intervals and spoken rhythms
• Dynamic changes, tone, chest voice and small intervals
• The natural minor scale and minor arpeggio
• Small major and minor intervals and spoken rhythms
• Quick dynamic changes, bends, wider ranges, head voice, small leaps, limited improvisation
• The major and natural minor scales and the major and minor arpeggios
• Perfect intervals and spoken rhythms