Grade 4 is intended for candidates who have a detailed understanding of music production
Grade 5 is intended for learners who have practical experience of modern music production
Who can join this course?
• The Course is for candidates who have appeared and passed Grade 3 exam from any board.
• Candidates who want to pursue music as a career choice
• Candidates who seeking international certificate for admission through ECA quota in universities.
• Candidates who want to secure UCAS points for admission n foreign university.
• Candidates who plan to become music teacher
• Computer/I MAC /Laptop / Mac Book
• Studio Monitors or Studio Headphones
• Midi Keyboard
• Internet Connection
• Describing equipment controls, surround formats, wireless connectivity, backing up files, plugin concepts, stereo microphone techniques, non-linear editing, software instruments, side-chaining and sound propagation.
• Sonic Fidelity – Identifying use of compression on instruments and mixes Music Theory & Harmony – Identifying semi tones and tones and compound time signatures Stylistic Awareness – Identifying specific genres
• Technical Skills – At Grade 4 the technical skills will centre around use of equalisation (EQ) for corrective / creative purposes.
• Coursework Task – The candidate will be presented with a situation and must choose and implement appropriate technique to resolve the scenario. At Grade 4 the scenario will require candidates to remove unwanted noise from a recording using appropriate techniques, such as manual editing, gating, crossfades.
• Signal routing, the Compact Disc format, patch bays, networking, file sharing, ambient microphone technique, multitrack recording, MIDI controllers, PCM theory and constructive interference.
• Sonic Fidelity – Identifying resonant frequencies
• Music Theory & Harmony – Identifying seventh chords and swung rhythms
• Technical Skills – At Grade 5 the technical skills will centre around session management and organisation, such as creating, naming and colour coding tracks, creating markers, session file management.
• Coursework Task – The candidate will be presented with a situation, and must choose and implement appropriate technique to resolve the scenario. At Grade 5 the scenario will require candidates to add musical layers to material using software instruments. Candidates are encouraged to practice listening to and duplicating melodies.